“You might be a …” lists are like a magnet to me. I see one, and then I have to read/watch it! 🙂 Well, it turns out those lists are just as much fun to write as they are to read! I thought I would post part 1 of my version of “You Might Be A Writer If” list. While all the points on this might not be true for every author, I’m hope you’ll be able to relate to some of them! So, without further ado, here are the first 10 ways to see if you’re a writer.
You Might Be A Writer If …
1. You weren’t able to sleep one night because you were too excited over that new scene you just wrote.
2. You have heated arguments with the characters in your head.
3. You prefer the company of fictional characters rather than many real life people.
4. You have a panic attack when you realize you left home without your trusty notebook. (I might forget that awesome new scene I just came up with!)
5. You have a punctuation mark that you use more than any other and are trying to fix that habit. (I will admit I abuse ellipses.)
6. You can’t do text speak. You just have to add the correct punctuation, capitalization, etc.
7. You have voices in your head that speak to you on a regular basis.
8. Number 7 doesn’t bother you in the least little bit.
9. You bought those Crayola bathtub crayons, and you found that you can’t live with out them. (No more precious bits of dialogue going down the drain!)
10. You find something in the store that your character owns/would want and proceed to buy said item even though you’ll never use it.
Join me next Monday for 10 more ways to tell if you are a writer. What are some ways that you know you’re a writer? Comment below and tell me! 🙂