First off, I would like to apologize. Why? Well, I’ve received several awards, and I haven’t accepted them yet! Today I’m going to change that! Over the next couple of weeks, I will accept the awards I’ve been given. 🙂 So, let’s get started!
I am accepting two Liebster awards today. One is from Jennifer K. Marsh (you can find her blog here), and the other is from Alexandra Needham (you can find her blog here). Thank you to both bloggers for nominating me! 🙂
What is a Liebster Award, you ask? Well, people nominate blogs they enjoy that have less than 200 followers so that others can find these newer and smaller blogs and get to know them. In order to accept the Liebster Award a blogger has to complete the following:
1) Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3) Answer the 10 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
4) The nominee will nominate 10 other blogs who have less than 200 followers.
5) The nominee will then create 10 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
Let’s start by displaying the Liebster Award graphics on my site:
Now that that’s taken care of, here are my answers to Jennifer K. Marsh’s ten questions:
1) What has been one of your most hilariously embarrassing moments?
Hmmm…I know I’ve probably had one, but I really can’t remember it. There was that one time when I was still learning how to ice skate, and tried to stop by running into the wall. I almost went completely over the top and into the hockey bench section. I don’t know if that was hilarious, but it was quite painful. I have since learned how to stop correctly. 😉
2) If you were a bird, where would you go?
Well, I don’t know if birds can fly across “the pond,” but I would fly to the UK. I have always wanted to visit there.
3) Fire, earth, air or water? – I kinda had to ask that. I am the creator of a fantasy race of elemental beings, after all…
As I’m writing a series of books about a race that can control nature, I’ve become quite familiar with the different elements. 😉 I would probably choose fire.
4) What is your favourite season, and why? – Again, kinda had to be asked, given my involvement with nature
Summer! I prefer the heat to the cold, so summer is my favorite. And, of course, there is no school during the summer!
5) What’s your least favourite house chore?
Folding laundry. I don’t know why, I just really hate folding laundry.
6) Have you ever had a simple moment that made you stop and question everything? If so, what was it?
After being on the internet for hours at a time, I have stopped to question what am I doing with my life and exactly how I managed to end up on the Wikipedia page for ice cream when my only plan was to check my Pinterest feed for a few minutes! 😉
7) What/who is your greatest source of inspiration?
Speaking in terms of writing inspiration, I would say Brian Jacques and Sigmund Brouwer are probably my biggest inspirations. Brian Jacques made me want to start writing, while Sigmund Brouwer inspired me to try writing sci-fi, my favorite genre to write in.
8) What’s your most irrational fear?
I am terrified of swimming in deep water. The 9ft section in a local pool is pushing the envelope of how deep I will go.
9) Which attribute is most important to you: Courage, Freedom, Strength or Wisdom?
As an American, it might be illegal for me to pick something other than freedom, but I think I would go with courage. I’m not a super courageous person, so courage is important to me.
10) What’s your favourite smell?
I love the scent of cinnamon and horses. (Horses also make me sneeze, so it’s a love/hate relationship with that smell.)
And now, my ten questions from Alexandra Needham:
1. What was your first pet?
My first pets were more family pets. When I was younger, we had two black and white cats named Shadow and Taz. I have memories of Shadow sitting at my bedroom door. He would stay on guard there until I fell asleep.
2. What is your ideal job?
As I’m sure most of my readers could probably guess, my ideal job is a writer.
3. Are there enough hours in the day?
There are never enough hours in the day!
4. What is the most obscure book you own? Why do you have it?
While it’s technically not my book, my mom has a copy of The Long White Month by Dean Marshall. It was given to her by her grandmother. Both my mom and I love this book.
5. What would you like to be able to see from your window?
Is Minas Tirith an answer? 😉 Okay, okay, so if I have to pick something real that I would like to see outside my window … I would pick Erebor.
6. Where was your best holiday or day out?
Probably when my family and I went to Virginia Beach. The vacation started horribly. The cabin we were supposed to stay in was smelly and moldy (there was actually black mold everywhere). It took a turn for the better when we got a clean hotel room on the beach. The contrast between the cabin and hotel made the hotel seem a thousand times better and made a lasting impression in my memory.
7. Toilet paper, over or under?
As long as there’s toilet paper in the bathroom, I really don’t care which way it rolls. 🙂
8. What is the one thing you can’t get through the day without?
I love my music, and I probably couldn’t get through the day without it.
9. Describe your mug/teacup.
I don’t usually use a mug, and when I do, I don’t have a favorite. I do have a favorite square plastic blue cup.
10. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
*calculates rapidly* Hmmm…4,957,808,900,708, 646 miles per hour. What? You’re telling me that swallows can’t go that fast? I might have made a little error in my calculating here…. 😉 (Okay, this website here, Style.org, is telling me that the airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is 24 miles per hour, or 11 meters per second. So, that is the real airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.)
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award (I didn’t exactly follow the rules, as I only nominated six blogs instead of ten):
Like Star Filled Skies
Riot of Prose
Resolved to Dew
Of a Writerly Sort
My ten questions for my nominees:
1) What is your favorite quote, and who is it by?
2) Vegetarian, omnivore, or carnivore?
3) What is your favorite fluffy animal?
4) Did you ever wear braces?
5) What was your most hated school assignment ever?
6) If you could own any car, which one would you own?
7) How many blogs do you follow?
8) Have you ever read through the entire Bible?
9) What is your favorite type of donut?
10) What is your favorite blog post you have written and why?
Thanks again to Jennifer K. Marsh and Alexandra Needham for nominating me!