Everyone knows I’m a huge fan of Tolkien, and when I was tagged to do this quiz about The Hobbit movies, I knew this was going to be today’s post! A huge thanks to Angie over at her amazing blog, A Touch of Randomness, for tagging me!
For this tag, there are four rules to follow:
1. You have to be tagged in order to do it.
2. You have to tag and notify at least three bloggers.
3. Answer the questions!
4. You must have seen The Battle of The Five Armies before taking this quiz.
I’m going to start with answering the questions!
1. Tell your story of how you came to see the movies or got into Tolkien in the first place.
Well, both my mom and I were sick for two weeks at one point, and we decided to watch The Lord of the Rings movies. I think I was around 10 or 11. I had no clue what was going on when I saw them the first time! However, after playing The Lord of the Rings LEGO game and becoming more familiar with the characters, I went back, watched them again, and fell in love with Middle-Earth. 🙂 I read the books two summers ago in about a week. They were amazing!
2. Who are your three favorite characters in the Hobbit?
Fili, Kili, and Thorin, the three members of the majestic Line of Durin!
3. Did you cry at the Battle of the Five armies, and if so, which scenes and what type?
Of course I cried! I teared up when Dwalin told Thorin that he wasn’t the same dwarf anymore, and then I was shaking and crying when we got to Fili’s death. The silent crying didn’t stop until the end when the credits came on, and then the tears really started to fall.
4. Were the death’s compelling to you, and if so, who’s?
I was torn. I was very disappointed that they didn’t die together like they did in the book. However, I did like Thorin’s death, especially his speech to Bilbo. Still, they should have died together, not separately, and Kili shouldn’t have died with Tauriel!
5. Overall, were you satisfied with the movie itself?
I was. Despite all the complaints and changes, Peter Jackson’s done a great job bringing Tolkien’s books to life, and I’ll always be grateful for that!
6. Describe the movie in one word.
Finally, I nominate:
Thanks for reading!