When you need to know something, the place to go, of course, is Google. As a writer, sometimes I need to know some crazy things. Like why-haven’t-I-been-put-on-some-FBI-watch-list crazy kinds of things. (Please don’t tell the authorities I’m up to no good. I promise that I’m just a writer. 🙂 ) Well, not all of my searches involve weapons or government secrets, but none of these are your typical search terms.
1. How to knock someone out with a lamp
2. How can two people ride together on a horse with one saddle?
3. Icelandic Christmas traditions
4. How to hide from drones
5. Can you sleep in a tree?
6. What does squirrel meat taste like?
7. What does it feel like to have your hand frozen?
8. Can you cut your hair with a knife?
9. How to start a fire with a knife
10. Are throwing stars impractical weapons?
11. Why would a hospital keep you overnight?
12. Scottish castle names
13. Do they have graham crackers in England?
14. House plans of the 1940s
15. What do drones sound like?
16. Are there hurricanes in Alaska?
17. Can you eat gold?
18. How to throw knives
19. How to carry someone while swimming
20. Did they have jeans in the 1960s?
My friend Melody, who is also a writer, has searched one of my favorite Google searches of all time. Her character, Kaiden, said, “I’m slower than a snail in snow.” No one knew if snails were actually slow in snow, so she searched, “Are snails really slow in snow?”
What are some of your favorite craziest searches? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂