Jade Moon was born in the year of the Fire Horse, and disaster seems to follow her wherever she goes. When a stranger visits her house with an opportunity to go to America, Jade Moon knows that America is where she belongs, and she’s willing to face every obstacle to get there.
“It will also remind you of who you are. Jade is sharp, but not cutting. It is beautiful even though you can see its flaws.” – Chapter 7, pg. 51
What I Liked:
1. I loved this book! I read it all in one day and adored it. It was well-paced and exciting, and I really loved the characters.
2. The setting was really cool, too. Going from a tiny Chinese town to a bustling American city was really interesting, and you could really see Jade Moon change as the settings changed.
3. I really liked Jade Moon and Sterling Promise. They were really well done characters, and I really cared about what happened to them.
4. The part where she was dressing up as a guy and working for Mr. Hon was really well written. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!
What I Didn’t Like:
1. I wanted to know what happened to Jade Moon’s father, but never found out. 😛
2. I really didn’t think the cover matched the book at all. It’s set in 1923, and the cover made me think it was a modern day novel.
3. There’s no sequel! 😦
Have you read this book? If so, what did you think of it? Do you have any recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments below.