Happy almost Thanksgiving! Since Thanksgiving is all about being thankful, I thought that today I would list some things that I’m thankful for concerning writing.
1. I’m thankful for NaNoWriMo! Winning my first NaNo in 2013 inspired me to keep writing and taught me how to finish a rough draft.
2. I’m thankful for the NaNoWriMo forums. I’ve made some amazing friends through them that have really helped me with my writing and been there for me no matter what.
3. I’m thankful for winning NaNoWriMo. I won on the 21st, the earliest I’ve ever won. My novel is only a little over half-way completed, so I’m still working on it.
4. I’m thankful for an awesome writing buddy. My cat, Precious, always comes and hangs out next to me while I’m writing.
5. I’m also thankful to Spotify. It’s a small thing, but being able to make a playlist for my NaNo novel to listen to as I work has been really helpful and awesome.
6. I’m thankful for a four-day weekend from school and skating. I’m going to have a lot of free time to write, and I’m really excited about hopefully wrapping this novel up this weekend!
7. I’m thankful that I finally got the new James Dashner novel, The Game of Lives, in the mail yesterday. I can’t wait to read it!
8. I’m thankful for all the great writers like Shakespeare, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Suzanne Collins. Not only do I get to enjoy their stories, but I also get a chance to learn from their example.
9. I’m thankful for my laptop that I can write on and that keeps all my novels, fanfictions, and ideas safe.
10. I’m thankful for my readers who keep reading and commenting! 🙂