Disclaimer: If you haven’t watched the movie or read the book, don’t read beyond this point if you want to avoid spoilers!
Yesterday, I finally got to see Mockingjay Part 2. I’ve been both super excited and dreading watching the final movie in The Hunger Games series. However, I had the chance to go and see it, so I took my tissues, braced myself for the ending, and went to the theater. Like the other Hunger Games movies, Mockingjay Part 2 closely followed the book and was amazing (even if I cried.)
Things I Liked:
- Finnick and Annie’s wedding was everything I had been waiting and hoping for!
- No matter if you thought Haymitch and Effie’s kiss was one of friendship or love, I was glad to see that the two of them had become close.
- I liked how they showed that President Coin was turning into another President Snow. I thought her ending, with her standing above everyone on Snow’s platform, really showcased the fact that she would have been just as tyrannical as Snow.
- The epilogue scene was so sweet and heartbreaking. It was the perfect ending to the series.
- I love that they had Jennifer Lawerence sing “Deep in the Meadow” at the end of the movie. It was really neat to hear the song in “Katniss’s” voice, and it made a great ending.
Things I Didn’t Like:
- Finnick’s death scene was so sad. Finnick is my favorite character, so even though the scene gave him a good ending and fit the book, I still hated watching it.
- The lizard mutts didn’t look like what I had pictured in my head from the description in the book.
- Johanna and Katniss shared a room in the book, and I loved getting to see their friendship grow. I was disappointed that wasn’t in the movie.
- It’s the last Hunger Games movie ever, and I’m not okay with that fact!
What did you think of Mockingjay Part 2? What did you like or didn’t like? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!